Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Cold Morning


So, here I go. . . This image is frosty-looking to me somehow, so appropriate for this morning, when the grass has furry white tips and the air in the unheated mudroom was breathtaking when I collected Joshua's coat and bag for school. I dragged myself to my video-led workout, and it was odd to be sweating away in the heated house white I looked outside at shivery birds, clustered about the feeder.
The A.M. workout is part of my New Year's intention regarding balance. Care for spirit, care for body, focused mommying time, creative time, where I both receive the creativity of others (blog reading, net surfing, magazines) and yet leave time to be creative myself (photo art time, scrapbooking, home decor), care for the mind, which in my case means using my meager reading time for mostly brain-stretching reading, and not mental junk food, and the discipline of rest.
Whew! I am not finding this easy. And I am not sure how this blog fits in to the list above. But this pursuit, even just the pursuit, has to be better than careering from gorging on one area to another.
So, 2007. May it be a year of grace.

No comments: