Friday, August 03, 2007

A Wish For Good Times and a Blog Break


It is ticking in the background you see-- the countdown to summer's end. For us it started July 21st, when there was officially less than one month left before school starts. But now it is August-- time to get serious about soaking up what is left.

So that is what we will be doing-- sights to see, books to read, maybe a couple of low-key projects, time with friends. . . Close your eyes. . . imagine your summer as a watercolor. . . does anything need to be added to the scene? A last minute feast under the trees, toes dug in the sand, a balloon set adrift on a breeze, a paperback and a hammock? Pick up your brush. . .

I'll be taking a little break from the blog for a bit, but I will return to share our adventures and the cooler crisper ones we have planned for the months to come.

4 comments:

beth said...

Enjoy the rest of your summer. I'll miss your posts, but then I'm picking up my brush tomorrow to fill in sunrise and long runs on the beach, finishing three books I've started, sandwiches and chips with grandparents and aunts and cousins all around the table after a morning skimboarding and swimming, hushpuppies, a trip to Brookgreen Garden, and more simple beach favorites. And I'll probably really do some watercolor painting! I'm afraid this summer has gone waaaaay too fast and your reminder to do the things yet undone is well needed and duly heeded!

Rachel said...

soak it all in, missy. a good reminder for me... my boys aren't yet directly influenced by semesters and such, but my precious husband is. off to daydream of ways to soak with him!

Susanne said...

Have a lovely break with your family. I'm off to do the same.

Anonymous said...

Missy, have a wonderful break. Your post reminds me that we are not "living" enough around here.