I've been greeting the new year is typical fashion this week. The laundry basket and Goodwill bag, they runneth over. A menu plan is neatly printed on the first page of a new planner. I've sweated my way through workouts on three of the four days of this new year. The house is swept clean of holiday decorations and the sun shines in with chill brightness of bare floors and plumped pillows.
I loved the holidays, the extra family time and the celebration and feasting and fun. But this is good too-- like a deep breath of the coldest air this winter has seen yet. A kind of comfort that I already know the novelty of some of my virtues will wear off long before Valentines Day. But some might stick, might become part of my becoming this new year.
What are your hopes for 2008, your intentions and dreams? Would you like to learn something new, read some great words, learn to hold your tongue or let go of your agenda? Let us remember to balanced self-denial and abundance. ( A little less chocolate but all the library books you can carry? ) Let us step into His Hand, and see what He has in store-- both for us and in the making of us.
8 comments:
I'm looking forward to this new year. While I don't really make resolutions my theme in my heart seems to be small steps. Small steps to accomplishing all those bigger things that overwhelm me when I look at it as a whole.
Ah yes, we all have many plans. But as you shared, His plans are most important. What He wants for us in this coming year. Loved that - "placing our hand into his". We need to be more trusting. Listening more to what He has to say, then our need to speak or try to control our lives without his strength.
I probably need fewer library books/projects(too overwhelming) and more loving me (chocolate, maybe not, maybe more fruit?).
I love the cold blast of fresh air too.
*hee*
i like that: less chocolate, more books.
i fear i will consume too much chocolate again this year...but i have resolved not to fret over little things this year...so i'm good! :)
btw, i have no idea why my son's picture shows up on my comment. trust me, i do not look like a 15 year old boy. :)
I love what you wrote "Let us step into His Hand and see what He has in store"
Although I must admit, too many books are getting in the way of hearing. Part of my goals for the new year is a more simplified approach to reading and more prayer and listening.
So my motto might be "less books, more chocolate." ;)
not very deep but...
i'm going to start and finish n's baby bk before this summer. perhaps work on a couple others. the latest house redo (and hopefully last!), finish the big trip to banff sev'l moons ago!
and eating LESS chocolate will NEVER be on my agenda, for sure. although i think i might try to shy away from cheese for a few wks. seems to be an easy way for me to drop a few lbs. and healed and remotivated, i want to pick up running/walking again. love ya!
Step into His hand... lie down... rest. Live in His hand. Move in. Stay. Forever. A perfect way to live. Now... and forever!
A beautiful post! THANK YOU!
Every blessing in 2008...
All's grace,
Ann
Post a Comment