I seem to think in lists. Or, at least, meditative paragraphs don't flow in summertime. So I am left with lists. And they provide good, succinct answers to where have I been and what have I been doing other than not blogging for the last six weeks. :-)Read aloud at our house:
The Penderwicks. We are eagerly awaiting the sequel from the library. Language, humor, characters, all delightful.Heard from the speakers:
One Fair Summer Evening, takes me back to the summer after my freshman year of college and a road trip with a senior I knew, who introduced me to Nanci Griffith. Those same songs have endured, and I still love Love at the Five and Dime and More Than a Whisper.and heard from the boys,
Justin Roberts. Especially Pop Fly. Jolly, summery, shake your head so your hair flops music.(My hair flops. The boys have summer buzz cuts.)
Fajitas with peppers from the garden, and Corona with lime. Saturday night and long slow sunsets.
A pumpkin vine that escaped though the fence to a friendly neighbor's then circled back home.
An upcoming vacation to a cottage on a lavender farm, with hopes for hammocks and Appalachian music, blueberries and boys with a line in the water.
A deep breath before a new chapter, when fall finds me with no more babies at home. A season my youngest runs toward, and I shy from.
Relief that there are lots of lazy afternoons and sleep-in mornings between now and then!
4 comments:
Thanks for the recommendations. I almost picked up "The Penderwicks" the other day at the book store. My boys are too young, but I may put it in my "to order and read when they are older list"
Sounds like fun and lots more to come this summer!
sigh, sounds like a lovely summer. :)
Hi Missy, I enjoyed catching up on your blog--I've been out of the loop since May for the most part and didn't even know you'd been sick. I'm so glad you are better and are still getting to enjoy the best of summer before your boys go to school. *sniff* That can't be easy. It was hard for me when Maddie went last year to full-day kindergarten... I have five more years until they're all in school, though.
Post a Comment