
The amyrillis is gone now, but I loved its fiery burst at the perfect time, when the Christmas trim had just been put away and the house looked a little forlorn, bereft.
A happy day here-- my sister and her family stopped by and we nibbled on sausage balls and cappucino brownies and talked and flipped through library books. She is the seamstress of the two of us, and has promised me two aprons for my birthday in March. :)
Those dear ones have gone now, and I am listening to George Winston while the boys play Legos on the floor by me and husband naps on the couch. I treasure these days. The boys are still young and do not belong to the wider world yet. We are all cosy here together and we are still the ones they most want to be with. Though this mommy often feels the need for more "me" time, today I remember that soon I will have perhaps more of that than I want.
Tomorrow brings a second visit to a church nearby. We are barely into the search for a new church home and I already feel boundless relief that there is a place we feel like going back to a second time. That first walk in is so tough, the figuring things out, the new faces, the unmistakable sense that we are Other in the midst of Community. But it will be worth it in the end, worth it to find the place we can grow and serve.
2 comments:
Hi, Missy-
I saw your photo on Lisa Samson's site and want to tell you it's startlingly beautiful. Your blog mentions young boys and a napping husband :), so my congratulations on pursuing art and its discipline are now TENFOLD.
Right there with ya, girl. Thank you for the slice of beauty and hearty wishes for Godspeed.
Kimberly
www.kimberlystuart.com
What a wonderful blog...directed to me through the Lisa Samson site. How is it possible that you make me feel calm just reading your words?! Thank you for teaching me to notice pieces of my daily life that I've failed to notice before finding your thoughts and words...Elizabeth in Springfield, MA
Post a Comment