Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday Like a Monday


This is a week when I will be mixed up about what day it is until Sunday comes. We spent the long weekend with our dearest friends at their home in North Carolina. These are people we have known since college; we were all friends before we paired off into couples. We shared the same idyllic acres, the same music, the same books and the thousand other threads of history at a formative time of life.
In a sense it is the cliche that it seems no time has passed between visits when we come back together, but it is better than that. God has kept us close and now we can meet on even ground about the challenges we are facing right now. Our kids are two months and two weeks apart in age respectively, so now we talk about parenting and mortgages and aging parents. And all the time we keep it real.
I told my friend in an e-mail when we got home that she had filled up my heart. And (though I would move her in next door tomorrow if I could) I feel filled up and satisfied, and ready to pour it all out in photography and poetry and cooking, and family and home. Feeling all that love from somebody who definitely knows all my dark sides is like fuel, like a flame bright burning, to see by, to warm this winter Wednesday.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Nice to see you blogging Missy.
This is a beautiful blog.
...I'm gleaning all sorts of neat things from your blog that I didn't know.
For instance, what is your favorite kind of poetry? do you write it too? :)

Missy K said...

Hey Katy! (Waving energetically) I love all different kinds of form and free verse poetry-- a good ex-English major I am! And I do write poetry, or have in the past. I think this blog is a movement to get me back into it, by writing something everyday. Thanks for visiting!

Susie said...

Oh this is a happy find, indeed, Missy. I love when friends of years past reconnect and help fill you up. What a blessing :)