Friday, August 03, 2007

Take Me To Your Leader


More stitching fun this week from the still-amusing and inspiring Sublime Stitching. I found a couple of Tees for the boys on a clearance table at Old Navy-- heathered cream with chocolate brown trim. Rather unremarkable until they met our alien friend. A blue-eyed one for Sam and green-eyed for Joshua, whipped up on Wednesday, about to be hung out on the line, and likely worn tomorrow. We 'll be in T-shirts for three more months here, so this little buddy will have a lot of wear, even if the usual Mid-Winter Growth Spurt strikes both boys.

I think one of the main things I like about embroidery is that I am not great at it. My vision is really bad, and I am not very patient-- and I pretty much do one stitch over and over. And I am so good with that! I am a perfectionist in so many areas, and other hobbies in the past have ended up in the pursuit of everything other than fun. This is such a relief! I still strive for excellence in lots of areas, but in stitchery, I find the grace of good-enough.

The boys think it is a miracle that Mom can make an alien on a plain-Joe T-shirt, and no one will ever mistake it for anything other than it is-- the product of loving hands at home, a summer afternoon well-whiled away.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

i'll file this under "hobbies to learn from missy one day..."
so cute!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I popped up the photo and the work looks perfect to me. Can I come over for a lesson with Rachel? :)