John and I celebrated twelve years of marriage this weekend in true Kemp fashion-- a little home improvement, a lot of time with the boys, some tasty food at home and out, and just being us. It was good. (I love you sweetie-- I am excited to begin another year with you!)
But all this rescuing and freshening started last week. I brilliantly wore my most comfortable white T shirt on spaghetti night. Just call me grace-- with my first (hearty) forkful little orange dots sprinkled my shirt, and despite Early Stain Intervention, they remained. Now at this time of year I could buy any number of white T's on clearance, but somehow I wanted to rescue this one, not have the answer found in the bottom of a two-handled plastic bag. So, now I am in LOVE with this swirly, feathery leaf from
Jenny Hart , and I want to put it on everything.And then this weekend, thanks to a generous anniversary gift, off we went to Lowe's and came home with paint for the family room and living room-- a five-gallon bucket of an Olympic color called Heavy Cream. Now on the family room walls, it is the color of really good vanilla ice cream. Next weekend we will paint the living room and we have color plans for the hall and bathrooms for later. The family room is so pretty-- I would not have thought that a little color change and the sheen of satin finish could make such a difference. We are going much more subtle with all colors in this house than ever before, and loving the result-- restful and multi-seasonal.
In the course of painting the family room, it got a top-to bottom fall cleaning-- so nice-- rug beaten, surfaces deeply cleaned, and today, inspired by
Meredith, the sofa and chair cushion covers are being washed and the cushions themselves aired in the hot sunshine. (See Meredith's post to view the color my cushion washing water was. ) And the same will happen with the living room next weekend. And it is deeply satisfying to me.Can you tell-- the air was crisp this morning-- I am steaming ahead toward Fall!
2 comments:
You wanna steam right on ahead to my house? ;v)
Freshing always makes the house just feel wonderful to be in.
ah....fellow shirt-stainer, too.
my husband says I have a drinking problem. every single time I take a drink I spill on myself.
and white shirts? ha!
Post a Comment