Today I want to celebrate my dear friend Rachel, on her birthday. I am confident that her husband a little boys are giving her a wonderful day, and I want to join with their love and good wishes.If you read Rachel's blog, you get a pretty good glimpse of this woman I am so blessed to know. She loves God and wants to understand where and how He is working in her life. She seeks an ever-deeper and more true relationship with her husband, and she is crazy about her boys and about all this she asks the good but hard questions of herself, over and over. It has been a great privilege of my life to know her as a single woman, to be in her and Doug's wedding, to now share mommyhood and wifehood with her.
But mostly what I want you to know about this precious woman is that she loves me well. She is really good at rejoicing with me and mourning with me. She listens. She asks good questions. She laughs and makes me laugh. She danced with my tiny firstborn to U2 in the kitchen. She is a gift of God in my life that I get to keep discovering in different ways. We don't get to see each other often, we usually have to plan our phone dates with strategy and hope for napping kids, but she is there.
Bless you Rachel. You are a gift. Celebrate today.
4 comments:
How lovely to have a good friendship like that! Happy Birthday to your friend.
thank you missy!!!!!! your words so honor me. you have been such a gift to me in all these stages as well... thx for going through them first!
it has been a wonderful birthday, my favorite i'm almost certain. (certainly tops my 5th grade one where my neighborhood friends fought with my school friends, dividing themselves between front and back yards) anyway ;)...
the wonderfulness has in part to your sweet card and homemade monogrammed hankerchief (it's lovely.)... as well as the notes from you and other cherished friends collected by Doug leading up to his generous and thoughtful gift. ending up at a breakfast at the local restaurant at the end of our street.
i'm blessed indeed. thx for showering me missy!
"my" rose is beautiful btw!
Happy Birthday Rachel! It is so nice to read a tribute of how to be a good friend. Lovely words. I've only known Rachel through her blog but she is indeed a fine Internet presence.
Post a Comment