Sunday, February 25, 2007

Have a sweet week!

My apologies to any readers who have given up chocolate for Lent. These were fun-- a first trip out for my mini-Bundt pan, and very pretty sprinkled with the confectioners' sugar. But I kept thinking of them in angel food, with strawberries we will pick in late May. A good antidote for this cold day, pouring with rain.

I'll be taking a little break from posting until the end of the week-- in-laws coming today, a friend borrowing our kitchen for a photo shoot on Tuesday, and my last portrait shoot for a client on Wednesday. This stay-at-home, take it slow mommy is feeling overwhelmed.

My usual response to being overwhelmed is to think of other projects that are more exciting than what I am doing right now. Weird, I know. Like painting the bathroom. (Actually, painting all the interior rooms we have not painted yet, but starting small.) Going to a nursery to photograph zillions of flowers. (Weary of my indoor winter vignettes.) And maybe trying this ?

Not sure if I could with my less than stellar vision. But who could resist a tea towel with the Eiffel Tower embroidered on it? I ask you. . .

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Yummy! With strawberries sounds absolutely heavenly!

Wow, someone's doing a photo shoot in your kitchen? I'd have to do some major reorganizing for that to happen!

Have a wonderful break and enjoy your time with your family.