Sunday, February 04, 2007

Addictive


Let me say up fron that I don't sew. I read lots of wildly and wonderfully inventive craft blogs just to torture myself. Some synergy between my poor vision and my poor patience means I am no seamstress.
But I can make these little lovelies, striaght from the tutorial on the always inspiring Wise Craft
. I spent a happy half hour choosing fabrics and buttons and making a little bit of springtime. It has been a nice antidote to the fact that 50% of my little household is sick this weekend.
We rallied enough to go to our nephew's birthday party-- it was such a hoot to see all the little guys bowling. Sam was given to dropping his ball with a deafening thud and waiting, hands on hips, while it meandered down the lane. Good times. I wore the chocoalte, ivory and pale blue flower pin on my denim jacket.
Our prayer for the week is wellness, especially through the frigid weather coming our way. In the meantime I will keep stitching up these little foretastes of springtime.

1 comment:

tonia said...

*smile*

I was doing a little sewing this weekend too...something pretty for spring. February always feels hopeful to me, not dreary...so I'm stitching and humming and planning along with you. :)