Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine Votives


We made these little candle holders last week. Baby food jars plus decoupage glue plus squares od red and white tissue paper. Very low-tech, and the boys loved it. They have been pretty to have around, their rosy glow lighting breakfast, especially on this gray, drizzly Valentine morning.
I love Valentine's Day. As the one girl here at the Circle K, (see post below) it is my chance to indulge in all things, well, um, not GI Joe. Just as Easter lets me unleash my inner pastels.:)
I hope it is a day of loveliness for everybody, or at least a respite of pink and red and candlelight and chocolate to ease winter's hold. I am off to make brownies and use my heart-shaped cookie cutters on them!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

hi friend... i must admit i love checking to see if you have a new post every day! i get so excited when i see new pics and words from you. the votives look so simple and beautiful. i need to invest in things like decopage... love ya!

Rachel said...

and btw, i didn't make that comment at 4:18am... my settings must be off! ;)

Missy K said...

Hey Nina-

The little ones do like the candles-- we had an injury-free but scary event with Joshua and some candle wax when he was three.

I think suncatchers are a great idea. The votive craft could also be done with a larger jar and a short string of Christmas lights stuffed inside.

Missy K said...

Rach-

Hey girlie-- I've been sick-- just a bad cold, but no words or pix the last few days.

This craft could be done with plain white Elmer's glue too.

Susanne said...

I love those votives. I still have the ones my kids made me in kindergarten and they are teens now. There is just something so special about them.