Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Drought and Plenty



I love the challenge and the book reviews and links, but I am going through a bit of a photo-drought on my own blog!! I will post later today or tomorrow about the spring and Easter kids books we've been enjoying, but in the meantime, I'll share a couple of shots of birthday treats! The enchanting cup and saucer came from my dear friend Rachel, and are a Starbucks goody. It makes me feel pampered just to have a midafternoon cup of coffee from that prettiness.

The confection is a bar of delectable raspberry goodness, given by my sister in law Kelly from our local Straussner's bakery. It came in their trademark blue and white striped box, with a chocolate sprinkled friend.

They did not last the day.

I'll close for now with the end of a comment I wrote at a blog community I belong to, when asked how I'm doing: "
Honestly, I feel so very thankful-- after struggling with depression off and on for many months, I feel happy and busy and creative-- not enough hours for all the good things in the day."


Okay, I just hit publish, and I am am not sure why text is running over the pictures, or why the text size is different every day, even though I don't mess with it. Ah, Blogger, we have a complicated relationship. . .



2 comments:

Susanne said...

That cup is just so springy and lovely. It must make your coffee taste all that much better. And can I say you now have my mouth watering for that yummy chocolate delight! Guess I'll go raid the chocolate chip bag. :v)

beth said...

Missy,
My mom has supplied some great cakes from Strassner's for our kids' birthdays when we've been close enough to enjoy them with her.

Thanks for your comment on EbenezerStories. Small world, indeed. I love how God weaves people's lives together. If Andrew ends up at Furman, we'll have to get together sometime! Meanwhile, I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy Everyday Graces.

God Bless,
Beth