Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Thirty-Five


On my birthday, thirty-five people and things I love, in no specific order:

1. my precious husband, who has seen it all, and still loves me, laughs with me, the face I most want to see at the first and last of each day

2. Joshua, firstborn and delightful, confident and good-hearted

3. Sam the strong-hearted, who has a thousand imagined adventures before nine am

4. my sister's warmth and understanding and the laughter we share

5. girlfriends near and far-- Megan, Rachel, Debi, Rachel, Becca, Kelly-- for parenting and fashion and art advice, for fun and challenge and grace

6. the book of Philippians

7. Brach's Maple Nut Goodies-- I have never met anyone else who likes this candy, so I have no idea why they still make them, but I hope they never stop

8. Jane Austen-- book-- Sense and Sensibility movie-- Mansfield Park

9. Hyacinths

10. Nothing But the Blood of Jesus by Jars of Clay and the Blind Boys of Alabama

11. Forget About It by Alison Krauss

12. Beth Moore's Believing God study

13. Hot shrimp and crab dip from the Overlook Grill

14. Downtown Greenville

15. Taking pictures

16. Embroidering while the boys play

17. Clean sheets

18. Jones Gap

19. Sunrise over Paris Mountain, as seen from my breakfast room

20. Reading aloud to the boys

21. The Lady of Shallot by Loreena McKennitt

22. My Father's Pizza in Black Mountain

23. my fabulous neices

24. Finding a new author and loving his or her work

25. Lisa Samson's books about real life and no cheap grace

26. Let All Things Now Living

27. French silk pie

28. Jon Stewart on The Daily Show I just cannot help it-- he makes me laugh insanely hard

29. Speaking of TV-- The West Wing-- I still miss it

30. newly sharpened pencils

31. Lemon scented candles

32. Decorating for Christmas, loving every bit, and then the wonderful clean and spacious feeling when you put it all away again

33. Berry picking, and coming home and making something yummy right away

34. fall leaves

35. New mercy every morning, knowing I need it, and the big God Who pours it out over me lavishly.

Life is so full of good things. An embarrassment of riches really. For a birthday or anyday treat, count them up. I had to make myself stop.

Have a happy day!


7 comments:

Katy said...

Happy birthday dear friend.

I loved your list AND I LOVE Brach's Maple goodies. Love them!
so, now there are two of us. :)

Missy K said...

Katy--

Thank goodness!!! Maybe we alone can keep them in production!

Susanne said...

Happy, happy Birthday to you Missy! May you have a beautifully blessed day!

TheNormalMiddle said...

Oh I love it. And guess what, I like those maple goody bars too!!! :) And Beth Moore, and lots of things on your list! WOW! I hit 3-0 this year myself. I'm looking forward to it. I think you get a bit more respect once you're beyond the 20's.

Jenny L. said...

Love the list Missy. I think we have a lot in common. Happy birthday. :)

Katy said...

I borrowed your idea for my blog, I love counting blessings!!

Susie said...

This is a fine list, indeed. i wish I had been better about keeping up with blog entries and would have sent birthday wishes on time. Alas, it's your birthday week- so Happy Happy Birthday Missy K! I pray the Lord will continue to bless you abundantly in so many areas of your life.

P.S. We still miss the West Wing, too. Hmph.