Morning has slipped into afternoon, and the air outside is warming up. Every day, a bit more light around the edges. Everywhere there is the slow feeling of waking up, a green mist over the yard, daffodils' yellow throats, and seed catalogues in the mailbox. A few cold cold nights hang on, but the sun steals their frost earlier in the day every time. We are ready.Today Joshua returns to his working with clay class. We don't do much in the way of extracirriculars, so this is a rarity for our family. (I will save my soapbox about that for another day. Moderation in everything.) And he loves it. And as a result of John taking him, and Sam along for a trip to the nearby library, I will have nearly two precious hours on my own this afternoon. So, what should I do? Read? Scrapbook? (What's that??) Sleep? Write? Make more fabric flower pins?
What do you do with non-kid time?
2 comments:
What do I do with non-kid time? Catch up on blogging, of course! ;vD
But seriously, other than blogging, I love to read and sometimes just watch a whole show without being interuppted 30 times.
Enjoy your time!
Hi friend! What a great question you ask. I think when I'm in that situation... when I'm stuck, don't know how to use the time, I try to do something that meets both a practical need and need for my soul. For instance, go ahead and fold laundry and declutter... but do so with some really loud music I don't usually get to emmerse my self in. Or get a head start on dinner, but do something creative with it or throw together a quick dessert for an added touch. There is one thing that is for sure... it is so easy to think how i spent the time wasn't the best way possible. Flee from those doubts. Be ok with how you chose to spend it! Love ya.
Post a Comment