
Saturday was a happy day-- lovely here with a breath of spring in the air. We headed over to Lowes in the morning to look at the plants and start planning our work in the yard. When we moved into the house last year, putting up a fence and working inside took all our home improvement time and dollars. But we need to pretty much start over with landscaping, so that is the mission we begin this year.
Of course, as excited as I am about new, healthy shrubs and blooming flowers, I am a home decorator at heart, so I wandered inside eventually to mull over bathroom paint colors. When John and the boys came to find me, we heard an announcement that a kids' workshop was about to begin. We headed over to check it out, and the boys ended up building miniature basketball hoops, and brought those home along with work aprons and safety goggles. All for the price of $0.00. They were delighted to wield the little hammers and watch a toy take shape.
The last few days have been hectic, but so rich with blessing. We live on limited means, but I've felt so wealthy in time with my beloveds, the staggering piles of books we carried out of the library yesterday, music and meals around the table and the openness of little hearts and minds. After a long winter, longer than the space from solstice to equinox, I feel myself waking up to a gladness unmistakable. I wish you a spring of the heart and mind as well as the season.
4 comments:
Hi, love to read your thoughts and wanted to share this...many years ago we made the decision that I would stay home with my daughter. We knew she would be our only child so it was more important than ever not to miss a moment. Yes, money was tight and we did go without vacations and various other extras our friends had...but all and all we would not have traded those years for any "thing" money could buy.
I think you should continue to treasure every moment (even the stressful ones) and just be in the moment every day as much as you can with your family. Believe me, you will never ever regret it.
I look back fondly and think of those years as a real gift in my life. God Bless
soooooo great to talk to you today... 1 hr definitely could've turned to 6 easily.
gotta ask, as my elder son is now so into Bob the Builder... and when he sees tools he says, "Daddy!" as he associates it with his talented father. so precious. is this commonplace at Lowe's... to have workshops for kids??? gotta know.
Hey Rach-- Our Lowes does workshops for kids every two weeks, and I think that is something many stores do. The person doing the workshop said they were doing the bball goal again in two weeks, and two weeks after that they're doing a bug collection box. At ours it is Saturday at 10am.
It was too awesome to talk with you-- I miss you but loving the connectedness I feel with you.
Have a great day!
In southern Manitoba, spring comes a little later :) - but it is on it's way! Ever so slowly, the tide of snow is receding and revealing grass, dirt, stubby plants and other treasures :). There is a newness and anticipation in the air, and gardening projects await.
Thank you for sharing snippits of your daily adventures. What an awesome task and privilege it is to nuture these little ones (we have one and one on the way!) God has given to us to share our lives with. I thank Him daily for the opportunity - and yes the challenges, adjustments, sacrifices too - to get to be at home with my wee ones :).
Your reflections encourage and challenge me often!!
Post a Comment